Monday, August 27, 2012

Cheating

Have you heard about the two friends who took a test one day? After the test was graded, the teacher called the two of them into her office to discuss their grades.

To one of the boys she said, "You missed only one question on the quiz. Congratulations, you made an A-minus."

To the other boy she said, "You missed only one question on the test, and you made an F."

Incensed, the second student exclaimed, "It's not fair. It's unjust. It's criminal. You can't give me an F. Like me, my friend missed one question, and you gave him an A-minus. You have to give me an A-minus."

The teacher explained, "Well, the difference is in the answer you gave to the question you both missed. Your friend answered, 'I don’t know.' You answered, 'I don't know either.'"

Intellectual theft is wrong, whether it is copying homework or cheating on a test.

No comments:

Post a Comment