Friday, August 24, 2012

The Secret

Have you read Rhonda Byrne's best seller, The Secret? The thesis of the book is that our thoughts are magnetic. They send out a frequency into the unknown that attracts like things. If you think about wealth, you get wealth. If you think about sickness, you get sickness.

There is probably much truth in what Ms. Byrne is saying, but truth taken too far is error.

What about all the people who have bad things happen to them? The ones who are shot in war, are maimed in automobile accidents, are born with disabilities? Are they somehow responsible for these problems because of their negative thoughts? I don't think so.

When you read books and hear people talk, listen critically. Not everything people write and say that sounds right can stand the test of logic.

1 comment:

  1. I was born with a disability, but I do not believe it is my fault. I do however consider it a gift from God. I have learned that being different is what makes the world go round. It is all in your ability to handle your disability. I work with people who are born with disabilities that have left them low functioning. Many of them are far more happy with their lives than the people I know that seem to have been given everything they could possibly ever want or need.

    ReplyDelete