Monday, January 2, 2012

Genius

Have you ever known a person who was considered a genius?

I think most of us have the wrong idea about what being a genius means. Mostly what we call "genius" is just hard work.

Listen to this collection of quotes about genius.

Michelangelo said, "If people know how hard I work to get my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful to them."

Thomas Carlyle observed, "Genius is the capacity for taking infinite pain."

Alexander Hamilton recorded these words, "All of the genius I have is merely the fruit of labor."

Now and then I have people say that they would do this or that if they had the talent. Yet I have never heard a person classified as a genius speak of talent - only of hard work.

So, if there is something you've always wanted to do, but haven't done it, don't blame it on lack of talent or genius. Just get with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment