Sunday, August 7, 2011

All We Have To Do Is To Be Honest

I have a friend who grew up on a small farm in South Georgia. It was his boyhood responsibility to shell corn and feed the ducks every day. One day, for no apparent reason, he started throwing ears of corn at the ducks. One of the ears of corn hit a duckling in the ear and killed it. Terrified, he buried the little creature behind the barn and pretended nothing had happened.

That evening, he excused himself from supper and went to bed early. His mother asked him, "What's wrong, son?" He broke and started to weep, confessing, "I killed one of the ducks." His mother said, "I saw what happened today. I've been waiting for you to tell me, son. Don't you know that I love you more than 10,000 ducks? I forgive you. Thanks for being honest."

The One who made us, loves us and is eager to forgive us. All we have to do is to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment