- Know when to e-mail and when to talk to people in person. Err on the side of personal communication.
- Never shop, do personal correspondence, or apply for another job on the company's computer.
- Never forward non-work-related e-mails.
- Use gender-neutral words in all of your written communication.
- When your boss drops by for a visit, put everything aside and be attentive.
- Know the names and faces of your company's top executives.
- If you don't know something, don't expose your ignorance by saying something. Stay quiet.
- Do what you say you will do. And do it right - the first time.
- When people praise your performance, don't minimize. Just smile and say, "Thank you."
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Keep Your Job
Here are a few pieces of wisdom that might help you keep your job: