Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Perfect

Have you noticed how people today use the word perfect?

The photographer snaps a picture of you and says, "Perfect." But when you look at the picture, it's anything but perfect.

You purchase a soft drink at a service station and present the cashier with the correct change. The cashier says, "Perfect."

You try on a dress at the department store, and the sales agent says, "Perfect."

It makes you wonder, doesn't it? No matter how you look at it, the word perfect overstates the case, stretches the truth, and amounts to an exaggeration.

I love to hear people tell me that what I am saying, doing, looking like is perfect. But in my heart of hearts, I know that I miss the mark. Like everyone else, I am imperfect.

Oh, that we fought undeserved praise as much as we do unfair criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment