- Isn't it strange that we will watch people on our televisions who we would never invite into our homes
- The only thing worse than not being married and wishing you were is being married and wishing you weren't.
- Most politicians are buying something and selling something: they are buying votes and selling governmental services. The trick to getting elected is figuring out the right combination of interest groups with which to barter. Virtually everyone in America is part of several interest groups.
- The best definition for "intimacy" is "into you see me."
- There are three stages of friendship: seeing each other's virtues, seeing each other's faults, and two people seeing each other as they are and becoming friends.
Now a word from the pastor in me:
Live in such a way that when you die the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral.