Sunday, September 30, 2012

Workplace Advice

Here are a few more pieces of workplace advice:

  • Arrive a little early. Stay a little late.
  • Never make excuses.
  • Don't interrupt people.
  • Choose not to attend every argument to which you are invited.
  • If you smoke, quit.
  • Never borrow or lend money to workmates.
  • Eliminate "can't" from your vocabulary.
  • Return phone calls, texts, and e-mails within 24 hours.
  • Confirm appointments.
  • Never disclose confidences.
  • Stay out of office politics.
  • Avoid office romances.
  • Say "Please," "thank you," and "pardon me" often.
  • Use your best manners at meals.
  • Don't take things, even little things, from work. It's stealing.
  • Be especially kind to people beneath you in the company's pecking order. Notice them and speak to them.
  • Smile a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jim! I stumbled upon your blog, as I've recently begun one of my own. I see no posts since 9/30/12. Are you still blogging? Did you move sites? It seems we share some common ideas about life's priorities. If you are interested in reading my thoughts and possibly sharing thoughts, my blog is www.willingtobewrong.com

    Kindest regards,
    Ron Turner
    253.736.3128
    ron@willingtobewrong.com

    ReplyDelete