- Arrive a little early. Stay a little late.
- Never make excuses.
- Don't interrupt people.
- Choose not to attend every argument to which you are invited.
- If you smoke, quit.
- Never borrow or lend money to workmates.
- Eliminate "can't" from your vocabulary.
- Return phone calls, texts, and e-mails within 24 hours.
- Confirm appointments.
- Never disclose confidences.
- Stay out of office politics.
- Avoid office romances.
- Say "Please," "thank you," and "pardon me" often.
- Use your best manners at meals.
- Don't take things, even little things, from work. It's stealing.
- Be especially kind to people beneath you in the company's pecking order. Notice them and speak to them.
- Smile a lot.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
Here are a few more pieces of workplace advice: