Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Great People

When life offers you a challenge, don't let fear cause you to stay away from it.

Can you imagine Joan of Arc whimpering, "What? Lead an army? I can't even ride a horse."

Can you imagine Christopher Columbus saying, "How can I be right and all these other people be wrong. I'm a fool to think I know better than they do. What if I fall off the edge of the world or we get eaten by sea monsters?"

Suppose Thomas Jefferson had caved into his fears and said, "What makes me think I should write a Declaration of Independence from England. They are a great country. They will crush us and I will lose my property, my house and my life."

You say, "Yes, but these were great people." Right! But they weren't great people before they took up the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment