Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Dream

I had a great dream the other night. Everything in my life had finally worked out. My health, my family, my finances - everything was just perfect. No problems whatsoever. I wanted to stop the dream, put a bow around it, and make it permanent.

Here is the problem: It was a dream. Reality is quite different. In the real world, nothing stays fixed. People and things are forever in flux.

This means if things in your life are going well, great. Enjoy it, because it won't last forever. And if things in your life are going poorly, the good news is the circumstances are going to change. The constant in life is change. The idea that somewhere out there in the future things are going to be permanently Utopian - well, you'll have to wait on heaven for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment