Tuesday, June 5, 2012

One Trip or Two

Several years ago someone asked me to carry a huge load of objects of every size and weight to her car.

As it turned out, she didn't need help with the objects. She was doing an experiment to see if people would make one load and risk dropping something or make two smaller loads and place less stress on their body and the objects being carried.

Well, you can guess what I did. I attempted to make one trip.

I struggled under the load and even dropped one of the objects. Unfortunately this is characteristic of me. I tend to take on more than I can do, thus putting unnecessary stress on my mind, body, and spirit.

If the experiment had included you, would you have made one trip or two. The answer to this question may affect your health and longevity.

No comments:

Post a Comment