Tuesday, June 19, 2012

If You Became Rich

An American businessman was visiting a fishing village in Mexico. He saw a single fisherman dock his tiny boat and carry off several large yellow-fin tuna.

He carried on a brief conversation with the fisherman and discovered he had very little ambition. He was catching only enough fish to survive and using his time to sleep late, play with his children, stroll in the village, and play his guitar.

"Let me help you develop a business plan," advised the American. "If you are willing to fish longer and harder, you can buy a larger boat, then add employees, then buy more boats. Who knows, you might even end up with a cannery. You'd be rich like me then. What would you do with your time if you became rich?"

The fisherman answered, "I'd sleep late, play with my children, stroll in the village, and play my guitar."

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment