Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Faith is the most powerful thing in the world

My mother had more faith than anyone I have ever known. She had an unshakable belief that her God would provide.

 As a young boy, my mother’s faith seemed naïve and unrealistic to me, and I spent a lot of time and energy trying to talk some sense into her.

When my older sister decided to go to an expensive private school for college, I cried foul. There was no money to send her. Why not go to a neighborhood state junior college that we could afford? My mother kept saying, "The Lord will provide." I kept scoffing.

 One evening when I was trying to talk some sense into them, the phone rang. It was the local Coca Cola distributor. He gave someone local a college scholarship each year, and the person he had been sending decided at the last minute to get married rather than return to school. He wanted to know if my sister might need some help.

Faith is the most powerful thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment