Monday, March 26, 2012

The Right Thing

Did you hear about the three folks who were taking the F.B.I. entry exam? Two of the applicants were men and one was a woman.

They had already passed the academic and physical fitness tests. Only one test remained: the obedience test. The applicants were told to take a gun, go into a room where their spouse was seated, and kill their spouse.

The first man picked up his gun, walked into the room, spoke to his spouse, hesitated, and walked out of the room saying, "I just can't do it. If that is what it takes, I can't be an F.B.I. agent." The second man did the same thing.

The female candidate walked into the room. There was silence for a moment, then six shots were fired, and a huge commotion followed. A few moments later the woman walked out and said to the horrified supervising agents: "That gun had blanks in it, so I beat him to death with a chair."

Sometimes the right thing to do is to disobey orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment