Monday, July 4, 2011

Nell Part 1

I love my little blond border collie. Her name is Nell. She’s the only daughter I’ll ever have.

 I used to have a bumper sticker on my car that said, "My border collie is smarter than your honor student."
I’m learning a lot about life from my dog. She is teaching me about the importance of trusting my instincts.

 Nell is amazing. She sees things I do not see; smells things I do not smell; hears things I do not hear. She trusts her instincts about whether or not to be afraid.

By contrast, I live in my head. I make decisions based on logic. Rationality is a good thing, but the Spirit works best in the area of our instincts. What instinct is to animals, the Spirit is to us.

My friends, when it comes time to make an important decision, think logically with your brain, but you need also to listen and be responsive to your gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment