Here are my favorite Will Rogers’ quotes:
• "Never slap a man who’s chewing tobacco."
• "Never kick a cow chip on a hot day."
• "There are two theories about how to argue with a woman: neither works."
• "Never miss a chance to shut up."
• "Always drink upstream from the herd"
• "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."
• "Letting the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back."
• "There are three kinds of folks: the ones that learn by reading; a few who learn from observation; and the rest of us who have to be on the fence to find out for ourselves."
• "After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. A hunter heard him and shot him. The moral: When you are full of bull, keep your mouth shut."