- There are three stages of friendship: first, we see each other's virtues; next, we see each other’s faults; then we just see each other.
- The people who irritate us most are often shouting, "Will you please notice me?"
- Many times what we call communication is talking at someone or talking about something with them; no, communication is sharing our feelings, longings, and needs with another person.
- Only when you trust a friend or a peer are you able to occasionally express anger at them without fear of losing the relationship.
- Never trust a person who says, "I don't care what people think." They will lie about other things as well.
- We love other people best when they are busy themselves; we love ourselves best when we are being ourselves.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
More Random Thoughts
Here are a few more random thoughts: