Saturday, February 11, 2012

Encouragement

A few years ago, I went through a dark night of the soul. The most powerful, influential person in the city where I was living left my church because he did not like me. I felt horrible. I could not sleep at night. I was depressed. I thought about leaving the church, even leaving the ministry.

I was engulfed in darkness for months. My emotional situation went from bad to worse. I never talked to anyone about what I was feeling. I was too ashamed.

Then, one day, a large group of friends showed up in my office. They told me that they had sensed my pain over the city's hero leaving our church. They spent the next thirty minutes telling me that they loved me and believed in me. These words of encouragement and support literally saved my ministry.

Who do you need to encourage today?

No comments:

Post a Comment