Thursday, May 17, 2012

Focus

A few years ago I lived in Lubbock, Texas. During that time I served as the unofficial chaplain for the Texas Tech Red Raider football team.

One day a 350 pound lineman came to see me. He was in academic trouble at mid-term, and he wanted my counsel.

I asked him, "What are your mid-term grades?"

He answered, "Well, sir, so far I have four 'Fs' and one 'D'."

"What do you think the problem is?" I inquired.

He thought a minute and said, "I think I'm spending too much time on one subject."

I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Nevertheless, there are times when we spend too much of our time and energy focused on negative things - problems, obstacles, opposition. We'd be better off focusing on the possibilities and the opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment