Monday, May 28, 2012

Say Something Nice

We are supposed to say kind and loving things to people, aren't we? And the opposite of kind and loving remarks are unkind, cutting remarks, right? Here are some examples of unloving personal comments I suggest you do not make:

  • You never have anything to say and you say it often.
  • If your I.Q. slips any lower we will have to water you twice a day.
  • You suffer from delusions of adequacy.
  • I remember you before you were a virgin.
  • You have the backbone of a chocolate eclair.
  • If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
  • Try to imagine how little I care.

Here are a few better things to say:

  • You are a unique, precious person.
  • The angels sang on the day you were born.
  • You are the Creator's beloved child in whom He is well pleased.
  • I love you, and nothing you could ever do will ever be able to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment