Thursday, May 24, 2012

Someone You Are Not

Sometimes we spend large quantities of time, energy, and money convincing people we are something we are not.

I like the story about the man who was sitting on a bench waiting for a bus. A nun came and sat down beside him.

"Sister," the man said, "can I make a confession? I have always had a secret desire to kiss a nun. If you could find it in your heart to let me kiss you, I will die a happy man."

The sister's response was surprising. She said, "It is an unusual request, but I will grant it on two conditions: that you are Catholic and single."

"It is my lucky day, sister," said the man. "I am both Catholic and single."

With this the man planted a long, passionate kiss on the nun.

"Well, sister," laughed the man, "the joke's on you. I am a Baptist and I am married."

"No, the joke's on you," retorted the nun. "My name is Kevin and I'm on my way to a costume party!"

Never spend your time, energy, or money trying to appear to be someone you are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment