Monday, October 24, 2011

Greatest Disappointment

My greatest disappointment about people is that their memories are so short-lived. No matter how much you have done for them in the past, they tend to see you only in terms of the issue at hand. The past slate, which involves their indebtedness to you, is wiped clean and you find yourself indebted to them.

Their attitude is not, "But I remember what you have done for me in the past." It is, "What have you done for me lately?"

When someone does something you do not appreciate or approve of, before you write them off or condemn them, ask yourself two questions:

     • Has this person done anything good for me in the past that I need to take into consideration?
     • How would I want to be treated if the situation was reversed?

No comments:

Post a Comment