How would you like to become a miserable person?
No doubt some of you would. If so, just follow my simple, seven-step formula and I guarantee you, you'll be miserable:
1. Think about yourself all the time.
2. Talk about yourself all the time.
3. Never forgive people's slights or criticisms.
4. Always expect to be recognized and appreciated, and, if you don't get it, respond with resentment.
5. Be envious of those who have more and get breaks that don't come your way.
6. Do as little as possible for others and expect as much as possible for yourself.
7. Believe and act as if the whole world revolves around you.
The truth is that the more self-centered you are, the more likely you are to be perfectly miserable.