Saturday, April 21, 2012

Whining and Complaining

My mother was a remarkable person. Her husband died when she was in her early thirties leaving her with three stair-step children. She struggled to make a living for her family. She never owned a home, never made more than $8,000 a year, and most of her bosses were incompetent.

But my mother never complained about anything. She never whined or said, "Poor me." Do you know that I never heard her say a negative thing about anyone? Now think about it. This woman worked around some pretty small people. There were people who picked at her, belittled her, criticized her, but no matter how they treated her, she remained loyal to them. I tried dozens of times to bait her into sharing with me her negative feelings about them, but I was never successful.

You, too, can give up whining and complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment